Weight Loss Since 12/15/08: 14 pounds



fiftystones

The inane ramblings of a forty-year-old hopeful loser. After failing to lose fifty pounds of baby weight on a host of programs since giving birth FOUR years ago, I'm still at it. This blog is intended to chronicle that journey and to keep me accountable.

Monday, August 25, 2008

Did ten miles yesterday

Actually 8, biked for 30 minutes for a cardio equivalent of ten. I was supposed to do sixteen but my Achilles were screaming and it was getting to be late morning and I felt guilty being away from the kids.

I'm supposed to be on for 12 this weekend (18 next--uh oh!). I'm 48 days away from the marathon. I'm still fat--heavier than I was at marathon start last year. I'm going to struggle. I'm not really running. I'm struggling to stay at a 15 mph pace for three miles.

I forgot my iPod so I had a lot of time to think. I thought about pulling up, going back on Medifast, and finding a race once my tendinitis resolves. But then I think about all the people supporting my fundraising efforts and all the people affected by cancer. And I think I should be stronger.

I am aware I'm beating myself up. We'll just see how the next few weeks go. I'm going to keep on with training until my body tells me to stop (or until my body screams at me to stop).

1 Comments:

Blogger Kittenktty said...

Mary, I've been sitting here for an hour trying to find the right words, well I haven't found them yet so bear with me.

First off ((((((((((((((TWINZILLA)))))))))))))) I loved hearing from you, I sent you a couple of e mails too. I've missed you ;)

((((((((((((((((Mary)))))))))))))) you sound so incredibly sad, I'm hoping it was just the mood when you wrote your blogs. So Sorry about your old neighbor and hope your FIL just wasn't up to snuff that day.

I'm glad your going to go ahead and race, I think (yes I know that's dangerous for me) you need to refocus. You don't need to be stronger, you don't need to worry about the fund raising. Remember you left MF because YOU wanted to do this run, you wanted to do it because of your Dad.

I think (You smell something burning?) you've become discouraged with yourself because you took a little side road. It doesn't matter how fast you run or how long it takes or even if you finish the race.
It does matter what you think of yourself. Listen to your body, if it says go, go. This run is for you, that it helps other people is a bonus. MF will be there in 48 days, so will I LOL.

I've not reached goal but fighting with the scale was making me crazy so I'm doing transition. Was hoping to lose during but so far nothing, I may go back to the 5&1 to lose more but won't decide for awhile yet.

Wish me a Happy Birthday, 52 EKKKKKKKK almost to Senior Citizen discounts.

Huggs Monica

8:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home