Weight Loss Since 12/15/08: 14 pounds



fiftystones

The inane ramblings of a forty-year-old hopeful loser. After failing to lose fifty pounds of baby weight on a host of programs since giving birth FOUR years ago, I'm still at it. This blog is intended to chronicle that journey and to keep me accountable.

Tuesday, July 08, 2008

I'm baaaaaack!

“Would you be happy if you ran your marathon in October but stayed at your current weight?” This is the question my health coach posed to me when I talked to her yesterday. She seems to think another program might serve me better considering how many modifications I'll be making to the program to accommodate my two long run days. Simply, MF was not designed for people doing endurance events.

So, sadly, I'm off Medifast and trying to figure out what will work for me while I'm training for the Chicago Marathon. I really liked the concept and how I felt on the program (low carb/high protein) so I'm trying to come up with a menu that incorporates that structure. And structure REALLY works better for me than none. The one thing I'll never be able to replicate is the support I found there. There are some really great, supportive people and a strong community there.

I did lose 14 pounds on Medifast and I'm sure I would have lost a LOT more if I had adhered to the program. But it is what it is and I guess I'm just a slow learner.

I am looking forward to incorporating fruits and more veggies back into my diet. It's funny, even though I didn't strictly adhere to the program I did pass up food/resist temptation at times and learned a new way of eating. In some small way I feel a bit freer now that I've decided to go off program. And that, my friends, should scare the beejezus out of me.

I saw an article today that said those who journal food consumption have much better chance at losing. I'm going to dig up an old notebook and start with my next meal.

My goals for this week:

  • Figure out program--what the main structure will be, what my menu choices are, etc.
  • Blog daily
  • Journal EVERYTHING that passes my lips
Reward: 10 new songs for my ipod.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kittenktty said...

Oh that bites, I had a comment all ready and it when away when I signed up. I guess I won't miss you that much after all *G* Now just have to see if I can subscribe to your blog, I'll book mark it anyway, actually reading my email has fallen far behind LOL but I'll figure it out. Good luck figuring out a diet for your training, but your coach is right. Now I"m off to find that taser story HUGE Huggs Monica

7:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home