Weight Loss Since 12/15/08: 14 pounds



fiftystones

The inane ramblings of a forty-year-old hopeful loser. After failing to lose fifty pounds of baby weight on a host of programs since giving birth FOUR years ago, I'm still at it. This blog is intended to chronicle that journey and to keep me accountable.

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Running with time

I read the following quote in the book In the Company of the Courtesan: "Time is short, and you must run with it rather than against it."

It speaks to me on several levels.
  • I can't go back to who/how I used to be. I'm romanticizing the past and I need to focus on the future
  • I shouldn't put off the marathon just because I'm not ready. Who knows what will happen over the coming year. I'll just have to do my best if my body will tolerate the miles

I need to try to make it to the marathon thinner and healthier than I am now. I got a bit discouraged in SC--my tendons were killing me and the lower altitude really didn't help that much with my breathing/heart rate. So, the sad reality is I'm less fit than I thought have miles to go before I'm ready. Which reminds me of another favorite quote of mine: "A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step."

Today I focus on getting in my water, restricting my Diet Coke intake, and journaling every bite. Tomorrow I plan my meals and shop for healthy food. It's time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home