Weight Loss Since 12/15/08: 14 pounds



fiftystones

The inane ramblings of a forty-year-old hopeful loser. After failing to lose fifty pounds of baby weight on a host of programs since giving birth FOUR years ago, I'm still at it. This blog is intended to chronicle that journey and to keep me accountable.

Saturday, April 18, 2009

Forty-five stones is more like it!!!

I've finally got some good news to post. The scale is moving in the right direction!

For some reason (and I'm not sure quite why) the scale took a dip below 200 last week. Then I got strep throat and viola! 195.

What this means is that I'm 45 pounds away from that that 50 pound weight loss goal, instead of well above it.

I don't know how/why I ever let 195 go. I started Weight Watchers with friends 3 (?) years ago and I remember the weigh in person saying "well, you'll never need to see that number again." Instead the number climbed (up to 212 at its highest). So for now I'm quite happy to see that number again, but not for long.

I think I stagnated because:
  • I didn't really change my eating. My bad days far outweighed my good days.
  • I didn't vary my exercise routine. I'd taken up weight lifting/spinning again before I got sick and I think it helped move the scale in the right direction.
  • My body is just too efficient at walking (my primary form of exercise). Sure, I've completed three half and one full marathon since the kids were born--but I eat more during training and I just don't get the same calorie burn walking.
So I've been LOOSELY doing Weight Watchers online (I'm paying for but not using it so much). I've got to figure out what to do next to keep the ball moving in the right direction.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home