Weight Loss Since 12/15/08: 14 pounds



fiftystones

The inane ramblings of a forty-year-old hopeful loser. After failing to lose fifty pounds of baby weight on a host of programs since giving birth FOUR years ago, I'm still at it. This blog is intended to chronicle that journey and to keep me accountable.

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Reposting things that have, should, or can motivate me to lose.

Things that have motivated my sorry self in the past…
  • Evil frat boy making pig noises as I filled up my car with gas. When I turned around, he said, “That’s right, fatazz, I’m talking to you.” (I was about fifteen pounds more than I weigh now and fifteen years younger. I seriously hope Karma has bitten him squarely in the butt.)
  • Fitting into cute little black sweater with jeans
  • Revenge fantasy of seeing my old boyfriend and having no interest in him (*this one is one fantasy that DID come true and to my surprise I no longer cared)
  • My wedding
  • Beachwear

Things that should have motivated me last year but didn’t…

  • 20th high school reunion (I didn’t go but I was running a marathon the next day and wasn't sure I'd resist "just one" drink)
  • Running and FINISHING the marathon I dropped out of last year due to heat sickness (I did finish in 2008 despite not losing the weight)
  • Upcoming beach vacation (waddled through it instead)
  • Prospect of seeing old friends (they’re still friends, no matter what my weight)
  • My health (being a vegetarian and active has kept me healthy, but I just know I’m living on borrowed time)
  • My kids (I want to be around for a long, long time and set a good example)

Things I’m hoping will motivate me this time around…

  • My health
  • My kids
  • Feeling free, light, and happier
  • Running faster
  • Shopping spree at goal

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home