Weight Loss Since 12/15/08: 14 pounds



fiftystones

The inane ramblings of a forty-year-old hopeful loser. After failing to lose fifty pounds of baby weight on a host of programs since giving birth FOUR years ago, I'm still at it. This blog is intended to chronicle that journey and to keep me accountable.

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

YOU'RE running a marathon?!?!

The most irritating woman on the face of the earth posed this question to me as she forking in what looked to be at LEAST four servings of cake into her piehole. Nevermind that she's tall and rail thin. Nevermind that she sounded incredulous. Nevermind that this is not the first time she's said something totally inappropriate. Maybe I can use this as my motivation, my breaking point, my fairy dust that will make me finally break through my apathy.

Yes, I am fat. Yes, I am running (and walking) a marathon in October. Chicago, actually. And it's to fundraise for a great cause (the American Cancer Society)And yes, I really truly need to get my chubby butt in gear.

I've been MIA. I've been *thinking* about losing weight and eating better and exercising more every. single. day. But not doing a whole lot about it as I shove chocolate in my face.

Let's get real. It's crunch time. There's no way I can hit goal by October. But I can certainly drag quite a bit less across the 26.2 mile course. Let's get it started (yea yea).

Oh! I found this really cool site called shrinkyourself.com. I'm one serious emotional eater. Goal this week--stop and walk away from the urge. Wait. Return if I must. Repeat after me: it's only a bad habit, it's only a bad habit, it's only a bad habit...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home