Weight Loss Since 12/15/08: 14 pounds



fiftystones

The inane ramblings of a forty-year-old hopeful loser. After failing to lose fifty pounds of baby weight on a host of programs since giving birth FOUR years ago, I'm still at it. This blog is intended to chronicle that journey and to keep me accountable.

Saturday, October 28, 2006

stones: 49, me: 1 (wk 1)

Week One: October 27, 2006
Weight: 194 pounds
Weeks until Mother's Day: 28
Weight Lost: 1 pound

Given my behavior the past week, I shouldn't have been surprised that my initial week's weight loss was not significant. But I was a little disappointed. Somehow I expected it to magically fall off. I fell back into old habits too easily although I did make some good choices some of the time, which is far better than none of the time (my standard M.O. lately).

I wasn't hungry (ever) this past week and I know from past successes that it's not realistic to lose weight and not be hungry some of the time. And at this rate, it will take me a year to lose all 50 pounds!

I did get in about eight miles walking over several days and my achilles tendon is only a little tender. I'll have to hang onto that and the promise of being able to log more miles soon.

I decided that I needed to come up with some reasonable mini-targets for myself to help keep me in the right frame of mind. Here's what I'm thinking (they might have been reasonable for the twentysomething me, we'll see how the late thirtysomething me manages):

11/31/2006: 185 (must lose 1.97 lbs week/avg)
12/31/2006: 175 (must lose 2.11 lbs week/avg)
2/14/2006: 160 (must lose 2.2 lbs week/avg)
5/13/2007: 145 (must lose 1.75 lb week/avg)

Until later.
-m

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home